Calibration of CNC Machines
- Introduction to calibration; The need and benefits of calibration.
- Accuracy, Repeatability and Resolution
- National and International standards for determining Positional accuracy and Repeatability of machine tools.
- Linear measurements - Linear scales, Laser interferometer : Principles of operation
- Rotary Measurement - Autocollimator, Laser rotary calibrator
- Laser Interferometer set up for calibration
- Ball Bar measurements
- Diagnosis of errors using graphs / plots obtained during calibration with case studies and examples.
Machine Tool Calibration is rapidly becoming an essential part of the manufacturing process with customers demanding higher accuracy from machine tools for handling precision parts with tighter tolerances. The ability of a machine tool to perform at its optimum level is largely based on the geometrical and positioning accuracies of the machine slides and guideways. Machine tools are subject to positioning errors which might increase over a period of time due to natural wear and tear or failing parts or worn out moving parts.
On completion of the workshop, participants will be able to understand –
- Why calibration of CNC machines needs to be done?
- Evaluation of positional accuracy and repeatability as per international standards
- Instruments and tools used for calibration
- Practical demo of using Laser interferometer and Ball bar set up
- Interpreting / Analysing calibration reports
Enquire About This Programme