Heat Treatment Process in Metalworking
- Fundamentals & Purpose.
- Basic Heat treatment processes (Annealing, Normalising, Hardening, Quenching, Tempering, Case Carburising & hardening, Case Nitriding, Subâ€zero treatment, Induction Hardening)
- Advanced techniques (Vacuum hardening, Toughtriding)
- Process problems and solutions
- Techniques of distortion control
- Successful drawing requirements
- General Quality plan of H/T for acceptance / rejection
- Industry practices
- Understanding of case depth determination (Carburising, Nitriding & Induction hardening particularly in case of components like gear, Shafts Plane & spline)
- Common failures and remedies.
Heat Treatment is a core manufacturing process carried out under controlled application of temperature and atmosphere to optimize certain physical and mechanical properties of metals/alloys. Heat treatment is an enabling process that can improve product performance by increasing its strength or other desirable characteristics such as machinability, formability, ductility, etc. The process of heat treatment has a major bearing on the quality of the end product and finds a wide application in many industries such as Automobile & Auto Components, Dies & Mould, Machine Tools, Aerospace, General Engineering and so on.
Enquire About This Programme