Smart Manufacturing is envisioned as the future of manufacturing. Today, manufacturing is becoming highly automated and IT-enabled or simply put, "Smart". While automation is fairly well established in manufacturing, by linking it with intelligent devices and a strong IT backbone, manufacturing systems are moving towards autonomous systems. Therefore, automation is the first step towards implementing smart manufacturing.
The range of automation tools vary from simple, low-cost equipment to highly sophisticated and expensive systems. Appropriate level of automation reduces cost in manufacturing not only through increased productivity, but also improves quality through consistent and reliable production. However, for any automation project to be successful, several aspects such as selection of automation system, system integration and organizational environment needs careful consideration.
Keeping this in view, Indian Machine Tool Manufacturers' Association (IMTMA) is organizing a 2 day programme on Automation Project Implementation - Key Driver to Smart Manufacturing on 23 - 24 April 2019 at Gurgaon. The programme will focus on various elements of automation and the economic benefits derived through applying automation in the manufacturing process. Participants will get an overview of the application of automation and technical information for implementation in their organizations.
1. Overview of smart automation
2. Low Cost Automation and mechanisms for Smart Manufacturing
3. Smart sensing elements for automation
4. Selection of Pneumatic elements for Automation
5. PLC, VFD and Servo Controls for Automation
6. Robot Integration and Collaborative Robots
7. Automation System Integration and way forward to Smart Manufacturing
8. Discussion on case studies from industries
9. Group Exercises in Automation Project Implementation
10. Review of Group Exercises
After undergoing the programme, the participants will be able to -
1. Have overview of smart manufacturing
2. Understand the principles of low cost automation and implementation.
3. Use of smart elements in automation
4. Identify / follow the road map for automation integration and implementation in view for Smart manufacturing
5. Automated data capture and analysis
IMTMA Members / Micro Companies
IMTMA Non Members / Others
Group Concession : 5% for 3 to 5 and 10% for 6 and more delegates being nominated from the same company
Special concession available for Faculty & Students from engineering colleges
(subject to availability of seats)
|Telephone||:||+91 - 124 - 4014101|