Metal forming technology, over the last few decades has gradually revolutionised and redefined concepts of manufacturing quality products at lower cost, both in high and low volumes, leading to greater flexibility in manufacturing of finished goods. Recent processes have stretched the technology frontier to greater lengths, providing a competitive edge to corporations in the business of manufacturing.
Sheet Metal Forming Technology plays a crucial role in a variety of product segments like automobiles, auto-components, consumer durables and other sheet metal products for delivering high quality products. Keeping this in view, Indian Machine Tool Manufacturers’ Association (IMTMA) is organizing a two day programme on " Sheet Metal Forming – Primer Course" on 30 - 31 May 2019 at Pune.
Mechanics of Sheet Metal Forming.
Description & Measurement of Sheet Metal Properties.
Forming grade steel sheets: Properties and Applications.
Forming Presses & Their Selection.
Sheet Metal Formability.
Overview of Die Design.
Common Sheet Metal Forming defects, causes & remedies.
Hydro forming and applications.
Simulation and Analysis of Sheet Metal Forming.
After undergoing the programme, the participants will be able to -
1. Learn about the fundamentals of Mechanics of Sheet Metal Forming.
2. Understand the concepts of forming limit diagram and its applications.
3. Learn about the properties and applications of Forming grade steel sheets used in industries.
4. Identify common defects encountered in sheet metal forming and remedies.
5. Go through Demo and Realise the benefits of using software for simulation / analysis of sheet metal forming.
IMTMA Members / Micro Companies
IMTMA Non Members / Others
Group Concession : 5% for 3 to 5 and 10% for 6 and more delegates being nominated from the same company
Special concession available for Faculty & Students from engineering colleges
(subject to availability of seats)