In the modern manufacturing environment, process control and quality assurance depend increasingly on the performance of Co-ordinate measuring machines. Today CMMs have replaced traditional methods of inspection with gages and fixtures thus reducing the time and manpower required in quality control operations.
There is enormous demand for Trained / Skilled engineers for successful & meaningful handling inspection challenges. This can be achieved only if the CMM engineer possesses adequate engineering knowledge, Inspection skills and has a logical and analytical approach to fulfill the task.
Keeping this in view, Indian Machine Tool Manufacturers' Association (IMTMA) is organizing a comprehensive course with Hands-on training in Co-ordinate Measuring Machines (CMMs) on 21-25 May 2019 at Pune. This course will cover in detail about all the aspects a practicing CMM engineer requires to know for effective use of CMM for reliable measurement results. Hands-on training in CMM with live measurement exercises of industry components will be given more emphasis.
1) Introduction to CMM and Proper use of CMM / various types of CMM /Probes / Probe Heads /Styli etc.
2) Using CMM for Dimensional checking and validation
3) User Interface – PCDMIS
4) Case Studies & Group Discussions
5) Hands – on practice and Group exercises on CMM
After undergoing the programme, the participants will be able to -
1. Learn operation of CNC CMM for dimensional measurements through hands-on training
2. Perform Part alignment and Probe calibration in CMM
3. Understand the various GD&T parameters and interpret them as given in Drawing
4. Inspect GD&T parameters in CMM and to generate part inspection reports
5. Learn best measuring practices as well as Do’s and Don’ts while using CMMs
IMTMA Members / Micro Companies
IMTMA Non Members / Others
Group Concession : 5% for 3 to 5 and 10% for 6 and more delegates being nominated from the same company
Special concession available for Faculty & Students from engineering colleges
(subject to availability of seats)
|Telephone||:||7066 0305 31 /32|