In a Press Shop, production runs are carried out for stamping a number of sheet metal components. Each component requires a number of Dies running on multiple presses. For each run, Die setups are changed and various parameters are set. Although the Dies are proven and productionised, there are some variables which differ from batch to batch, which results in the first few components not reaching the required quality requirements. Press Shop Personnel have to fine tune some settings to get the desired results. This is sometimes tricky and valuable time and material gets wasted. In some cases, Dies suffer damage due to manual errors and repairs have to be carried out on a war footing. This calls for specialized skills which are not always available readily at hand.
What is IDR approach ?
IDR- it’s a three leap scientific approach to trouble shooting of component defects in press shop.
Keeping this in view, Indian Machine Tool Manufacturers' Association (IMTMA) is organizing a 2 day program on
IDR Approach for Trouble Shooting Sheet Metal Parts on 22 – 23 August 2019 at Gurgaon.
• Care to be taken by Press shops while accepting Dies for production
• Understanding common defects in components
• Best Practices to overcome these defects
• Do’s and Don’ts during Die setup change
• Understanding various press parameter settings
• Role of sheet materials in causing inconsistent part quality
• Preventive maintenance of Dies
• Optimizing Die life
After undergoing the programme, the participants will be able to -
1. Systematically evaluate Dies before accepting them for production
2. Understand the various defects which occur in production runs
3. Apply the right methods for ironing out these defects
4. Follow the correct procedure during welding of Dies for emergency repairs and modifications
5. Understand various Press parameter settings
6. Understand the right techniques of refurbishing Dies
7. Understand various adjustments available in Dies for fine tuning
IMTMA Members / Micro Companies
IMTMA Non Members/ Others
Group Concession : 5% for 3 to 5 and 10% for 6 and more delegates being nominated from the same company
Early Bird Offer : Avail 10% concession by registering and paying online on or before 07 August 2019
Special concession available for Faculty & Students from engineering colleges
(subject to availability of seats)