Design of workholding & fixturing is key to effective utilization of machine tools. Basics of fixture design if not implemented correctly results in poor productivity & quality problems. Set-up time and cycle time reduction, increased accuracy on components, deskilling the job setting operation are the obvious advantages of a good fixture. Competence in workholding & fixturing differentiates excellent organizations.
Keeping this in view, Indian Machine Tool Manufacturers' Association (IMTMA) is organizing a 2 day seminar on
Design of Workholding & Fixturing on 15-16 October 2019 at Gurgaon.
• Various types of Workholding fixtures
• Key factors & Technical features of workholding fixtures
• Design of basic elements of a fixtures
• Elements for Hydraulic / Pneumatic fixtures
• Design consideration for Manual, Hydraulic & Pneumatic fixtures
• Safety features & cost control while designing a fixture & its elements
• Trouble shooting of the fixtures to achieve desired quality of component
• Group Excercises in concept development of fixtures
After undergoing the programme, the participants will be able to understand :
1. The concepts of Fixture design.
2. Various types of fixtures for machining applications.
3. Selection of elements for fixtures.
4. Design and development of new fixtures for machined parts.
IMTMA Members / Micro Companies
IMTMA Non Members/ Others
Group Concession : 5% for 3 to 5 and 10% for 6 and more delegates being nominated from the same company
Special concession available for Faculty & Students from engineering colleges
(subject to availability of seats)