Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) system eliminates ambiguities in engineering drawings and brings out the designer's intent very clearly. It ensures seamless communication between design, engineering, manufacturing and quality teams across the entire organization enabling them to work in a concurrent engineering environment. Application of GD&T system helps to reduce the manufacturing and inspection costs drastically.
Keeping this in view, Indian Machine Tool Manufacturers' Association (IMTMA) is organising a 2 day training programme on “Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) in Design through Manufacturing” on 18 - 19 October 2019 at Gurgaon. This programme will focus on understanding the system of GD & T and the methods of applying it in real time designs and will be supported by examples, practical videos on CMM and exercises.
• Introduction to GD & T.
• History and Understanding the need for GD & T.
• Fundamental rules of GD&T as per ASME. Coordinate VS geometric tolerancing.
• Tolerance, types of tolerances, why tolerance is required, and how tolerance is decided.
• Definitions of terms and symbols, FOS, FCS, DRF, Rule#1 or Taylor’s principle.
• Definition of datums’ and DOF restrained by primary, secondary and tertiary datums.
• Selection of datums based on design / manufacturing / inspection requirements.
• Plastic/Wooden prototypes : Part/Assy prototypes used for effective training.
• Form and Orientation tolerances and their applications.
• Location, runout and profile tolerances long with applications.
• Tolerance concepts : MMC, LMC, RFS and their applications.
• Calculation of Bonus Tolerance for MMC / LMC
• Inspection methods and animations for Form Tolerances and important concepts.
• Exercises throughout the training – over 35 nos.
After undergoing the programme, the participants will be able to -
1. Understand the concepts of GD&T features and correctly interpret GD&T symbols in Engineering Drawings
2. Learn about using tolerances at RFS, MMC and LMC conditions and Calculate Bonus tolerance
3. Gain a practical insight into inspection of GD&T features using conventional methods, Co-ordinate Measuring Machine and functional gauges
4. Implement GD&T controls for a new project with proper selection of datum features.
NOTE : Participants are requested to bring a scientific calculator to be used during the programme.
IMTMA Members / Micro Companies
IMTMA Non Members/ Others
Group Concession : 5% for 3 to 5 and 10% for 6 and more delegates being nominated from the same company
Special concession available for Faculty & Students from engineering colleges
(subject to availability of seats)