Linear Motion Guideways and Ball screws form one of the critical elements of precision industrial machinery and in latest CNC machines, the speed and accuracy of axis movements required for high speed machining is realized by adopting LM guide technology. Recirculating Ball screws are available in different configurations and accuracy grades. Proper selection and mounting of these elements is crucial for achieving the desired levels of accuracy on modern machine tools.
Keeping this in view, Indian Machine Tool Manufacturers' Association (IMTMA) is organizing a two day Training Programme on Selection and Assembly of Linear Motion Guide ways and Ball Screws for Industrial Machinery and machine tools on 17-18 Oct 2019 at Pune. This programme will address all the relevant aspects of LM guideways & ball screws right from types, selection criteria, mounting procedure supported with case studies.
1. Types and accuracy standards of LM guides
2. Selection criteria for LM guides - Design parameters
3. Design Fundamentals of LM guides with calculation examples – Load, service life, etc.,
4. Procedure for proper mounting of LM rails and LM Blocks
5. Ball screws – Types and pre loading methods
6. Selection criteria for Ball screws
7. Design Fundamentals of ball screws with calculation examples – Load and Speed limitation
8. Participants can bring their issues on the topic to have discussion in the forum
9. Case studies will be discussed during the programme by faculty
After undergoing the programme, the participants will be able to –
1. Understand the accuracy standards of LM guides / Ball screws and their selection for various applications.
2. Learn the design fundas of LM guides / Ball screws and relevant calculations
3. Go through the correct procedure for mounting and assembly of LM guides / ball screws
4. Understand what is pre loading and pre loading methods for ball screws
5. Know about preventive maintenance aspects of LM guides / Ball screws
IMTMA Members / Micro Companies
IMTMA Non Members/ Others
Group Concession : 5% for 3 to 5 and 10% for 6 and more delegates being nominated from the same company
Special concession available for Faculty & Students from engineering colleges
(subject to availability of seats)