In today's competitive market environment, the industry has realized the fact that servicing unreliable products is a very costly proposition. To a large extent, reliability is built into the product during the design and development phase. Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA) is an essential ingredient of reliability engineering and is a very powerful and effective technique used for improvement in the methodology used for design, assembly, materials engineering, servicing etc., for a diverse range of products and processes. FMEA can be effectively applied in case of new developments, new technologies and components/assemblies or products which have inherent problems to anticipate & prevent problems showing up in practice during the product lifecycle by an approach using methodical thinking and validation of concepts.
'Failure Mode & Effects Analysis' (FMEA) is an “ error prevention” oriented and proactive methodology that tries to pre empt the occurrence of errors; reduce their significance ( even if they were bound to occur ) and in unavoidable circumstances, to increase the chance of error detection, so that the process could then be suitably controlled. FMEA is an aid for continuous improvement which fits into a PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) pattern of activity. Whenever continuous Improvement and problem solving is envisaged or effected, FMEA is redone to evaluate their effects. FMEA is important requirement as per ISO/TS 16949 for Auto OEMs as well suppliers.
Keeping this is view, Indian Machine Tool Manufacturers' Association (IMTMA) is organizing a 2 day interactive programme on Understanding & Implementation of Risk Assessment through FMEA on 5 - 6 December 2019 at Gurgaon.
1. Introduction to FMEA Concepts Reliability
2. Failure analysis vs FMEA Cause & Effect Analysis FMEA Methodology
3. Design FMEA – Examples & Case Studies Process FMEA – Examples & Case Studies
4. Group Exercises & Developments & Bene?ts of FMEA
5. Using FMEA for Risk assessment Machinery FMEA
After undergoing the programme, the participants will be able to -
1. Concept of FMEA as a risk management and preventive quality assurance technique
2. How to carry out Design FMEA and Process FMEA in industries
3. Practical implementation of FMEA through Group Excercises & hints
4. Concepts of Machinery FMEA
IMTMA Members / Micro Companies
IMTMA Non Members/ Others
Group Concession : 5% for 3 to 5 and 10% for 6 and more delegates being nominated from the same company
Special concession available for Faculty & Students from engineering colleges
(subject to availability of seats)