In precision engineering industry, the functional properties of a component are affected by the boundary areas (or the surface) of the component. This aspect becomes all the more important when the surface contacts the surface of mating component and is operationally related to it. The unceasing demand for increased performance, interchangeability and functional reliability has resulted in shrinking of tolerances for a precision component . As the tolerances shrink the surface aspects of the component become more and more dominant and the dimensional aspects of surface finish get to be exceedingly important. A serious quantitative study of the quality of a surface becomes an inseparable part of component design, manufacture and inspection to ensure proper functional behaviour of the design.
Keeping this in view, Indian Machine Tool Manufacturers’ Association (IMTMA) is organizing a one day programme on Surface Finish Measurement & Improvement to address its importance and methodologies of evaluation, in diverse range of manufacturing activities on 16 October 2019 at IMTMA,Pune.
After undergoing the programme, the participants will be able to -
1. Appreciate what is finish of a surface and why is it important.
2. Understand how it manifests on engineering components.
3. Get to know what factors influence a surface and its finish.
4. How to express surface finish and units of measurement.
5. Explanation of important and popular parameters.
6. Know about various methods of measurement.
7. Understand Importance of use of wiper inserts to improve surface finish.
IMTMA Members / Micro Companies
IMTMA Non Members/ Others
Group Concession : 5% for 3 to 5 and 10% for 6 and more delegates being nominated from the same company
Special concession available for Faculty & Students from engineering colleges
(subject to availability of seats)
|Telephone||:||7066 0305 31 /32|