This course is structured with an introduction to elements of Gear box and more focused towards Industrial applications. Introduction to types of gears, gear profiles, gear calculations, gear standards being a part of the curriculum. Introduction to design input for gearbox design, conceptualization gear layout, sizing of gears and shafts, calculations on gears, bearing selection, seals, keys and standard parts used in gear box. Part modelling, assembly modelling and detailed drawing using popular design CAD tools will be carried out as a project. DFM and DFMA will be a key points addressed in the training.
• Introduction to Gear box and their advantages and disadvantages over other drives.
• Types of Gear boxes and Applications.
• Types of Gears and general features.
• Nomenclature of Spur and helical gears.
• Gear design and strength calculations.
• Gear Correction factor, Gear Tooth Action
• Worm Gears and their terminology
• Bevel gears and their terminology.
• General design concepts for shaft, Keys and circlips.
• Design of Gear Box- Project.
• Selection of type of gear box.
• Type of gears and stages of reduction.
• Motor selection.
• Gear sizing and strength calculations.
• Estimation of Gear forces.
• Shaft and shaft strength calculation/sizing.
• Complete knowledge on gearbox design
• Selection of motor for gear box.
• Gears and gear design.
• Shaft design and sizing.
• Gear box design and sizing.
• Manufacturing drawings of gears & shafts.
• Systematic design approach.
IMTMA Members / Micro Companies
IMTMA Non Members/ Others
Group Concession : 5% for 3 to 5 and 10% for 6 and more delegates being nominated from the same company
|Telephone||:||7066030531 / 532|