Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) in Design through Manufacturing
- Introduction to GD & T;
- Terminology of GD & T features;
- Maximum Material control (MMC) & Least Material Control (LMC) principles;5 Groups of GD&T
- Form and orientation tolerances in detail with application examples
- Interpretation of drawings with GD & T and exercises
- Demo of Measurements of form and orientation tolerances in CMM
- Bonus tolerance and its implications; Examples and exercises
- Position Tolerancing principles; its advantages over conventional methods of Tolerancing;
- Concentricity and Symmetry
- Runout and profile tolerancing principles; Exercises
- Demonstration of GD & T measurements in open set up using conventional instruments
- Demonstration of GD & T measurements using CMM
Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) system eliminates ambiguities in engineering drawings and brings out the designer's intent very clearly. It ensures seamless communication between design, engineering, manufacturing and quality teams across the entire organization enabling them to work in a concurrent engineering environment. Application of GD&T system helps to reduce the manufacturing and inspection costs drastically.
This programme will focus on understanding the system of GD & T and the methods of applying it in real time designs and will be supported by examples, practical demonstrations on CMM and exercises.
Enquire About This Programme